Searching for something new to do? Tired of the mundane? Want the unique opportunity to work abroad in an exciting and dynamic industry? If so, you’ve come to the right place!
Imagine a life on a tropical island, working in diving as a PADI divemaster! This is your ticket to year-round sun and fun!
If you are on your gap year, one of our diving internships here on Koh Tao is the life-changing option for you! Get trained from beginner to PADI Divemaster & beyond, explore the amazing underwater world of coral reefs, dive sunken shipwrecks and spectacular pinnacles, all the while enjoying the benefits of living on a wonderful island, having fun with great new friends, and living the life!
It includes everything you need to set you up for a great diving gap year: PADI Scuba Diving Courses from Open Water to Divemaster, accommodation on tropical Koh Tao Thailand, your own full set of scuba equipment plus all student materials, certifications and applications fees and unlimited diving while you are doing the Internship. We can even help you with your thai visa application!
We offer a ‘PADI Divemaster Internship Package’, plus add-on options so you can customize your Gap Year diving internships to match your interests, schedule and budget. Add-on options include getting involved in deep diver training or taking a Boat Handling Course. You can become a certified gas blender or even learn to work as an underwater videographer. You can also continue on to become a PADI Dive Instructor.
Here’s exactly what you’ll get…
The Internship covers the cost of the following PADI Scuba Courses:
– PADI Open Water Diver – the primary course of choice for vast majority of recreational divers around the world. Start with a pool session and work your way out to the sea. You will never forget your first breaths underwater!
– PADI Advanced Open Water – bring your skills to the next level by working on your navigation skills, buoyancy, perhaps go for an incredible night dive, see a shipwreck or two, and GO DEEP!
– Emergency First Responder – a prerequisite for the next two courses, this course makes you a go-to person in case of an accident or injury. Extremely valuable in the real world, as well as out at sea!
– PADI Rescue Diver – take your skills to a higher level: after completing all the simulations and exercises in this incredibly exciting course, you will not only be able to take care of yourself, but you will be able to get other people out of a variety of bad situations.
– PADI Divemaster – the name says it all. After the 8 week course you will become a dive leader and a pro. The course consists of a mix of academic development as well as practical training sessions. This will be an unforgettable experience and the time you spend on this lovely island will forever leave an imprint on you, and you’ll have a hard time leaving.
In addition to all the quality training you will receive, you will also get a full set of brand new scuba diving equipment (yours to keep after the course). You have a choice of two different gear packages: Scubapro Subgear and Aqualung. Each kit includes the following items:
- Reg Set 1st & 2nd Stage
- Buoyancy Control Device
- SK-7 Diving Compass
- Gear Bag
- Lycra Rash Guard
- 5mm Boots
- Silicone Mask
- Dive Knife
- Dive Whistle
- Surface Marker Buoy with Bag
- Slate with Pencil
Beyond the equipment packages, we will take care of all manuals, student materials and application fees. You’ll also get:
- 2 Months Accommodation on Koh Tao
- UNLIMITED Diving during the internship
- FREE DIVING FOR LIFE at DJL Koh Tao
- Gain invaluable experience working as a PADI Divemaster at DJL Diving
- Access to our Job Placement Scheme – We’ll actively help you look for work as a Divemaster whether it be on Koh Tao or the rest of the world, we’ll help steer you in the right direction!
If you already have your own scuba equipment we can adjust the price accordingly.
At the end of two months, as a qualified PADI Divemaster you have the option to continue your education with our optional ‘Add-on Courses’.
This allows you to gain expertise in specialized areas of diving, such as deep technical & wreck diving, boat handling, underwater videography or becoming a PADI Instructor. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ADD-ON COURSES.
If you don’t want to go further, that’s fine! Many people simply enjoy the divemaster lifestyle and keep diving on Koh Tao, or go to a variety of beautiful destinations scattered throughout South-East Asia.
For any further information on the DJL internship package, please send us a message using this link to the ‘Contact Us’ page.